Saturday, October 25, 2008

CLOUDS

Clouds you have turned deaf
You have come till
the outskirts of village
but like an annoyed visitor
at a distance you have stayed.

In the sweltering heat
I have split like
cracked heels
hurt afresh each day
my wounds have
gone deep.

I had only hopes from you
and you too have backed out.
My two hands
Neem & Peepal,
who used to beckon you
have both been cut now.

From this nook
to the end of the
other corner
I was one.

But I stand divided now
into so many houses
and hearths.

In your hope
I cry, groan
and
am parching out
but with eyes brimming
with tears
how can I call you now.

Rivers flowing in my heart
have gone dry
it’s shores full of filth
have gone wry.

After years you have come
that too with a few sprinkles
of rain, to woo.

After past so many autumns
what will a paltry monsoon do.
It's the translation of the poem "Dharti ki guhar" - posted at kavita ka kona

No comments: